Thursday, July 23, 2009

New Pet & Peppers

Meet our new pet. Kent named him Alfred and he's been hanging out around our house for quite a while now. The first time I saw him I went out to the garage to get a drink from the fridge and he scurried across the garage floor and nearly gave me a heart attack. I didn't like him and wanted to go away. I've gotten used to his presence now and if he's out there eating mosquitos then I don't mind him. After some investigating, it seems that he is a Five-Lined Skink.


Also, check out these habanero peppers we grew. Kent loves super hot food, so he ate these things. It gives me heartburn just thinking about it.


2 comments:

Holly said...

Alfred looks like the "guest" that Brisco brought into our (old) house through the cat door. I was sitting on the floor sorting clothes and Brisco jumped through the cat door with the creature in his mouth...I screamed and Brisco dropped his "toy", who then scurried behind the dryer. I ran out of the utility room, shut the door, stuffed some towels under the door and called Derek at work and told him we had a guest that needed to be dealt with!

Amanda said...

Gross! I don't blame you for having Derek deal with it. I would freak if that thing ended up in our house!