Friday, December 19, 2008
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Saturday, November 1, 2008
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Sunday, October 12, 2008
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
In other news, congrats to Mr. Morgan for passing his Adventure Boot Camp certification exam. This means he is now officially an Adventure Boot Camp instructor. If you don't know what that means, check it out HERE!
Thursday, September 4, 2008
- moved to Pensacola...love the house!
- drove to Cameron, TX for engagement party at Kent's parents' house...had a great time!
- drove 12 hours back to Florida with a dog and 2 cats in the car...we're all still alive
- started working at UWF on Aug.20th...like it so far!
- I've already had to cover my computer with plastic twice at work before going home for Hurricane scares
- Kent was hired at UWF as the "Director of Athletic Performance"
- My parents evacuated Slidell to stay with me this past weekend because of Gustav. It took them 9 hours to get from Slidell to Pensacola. Their house is fine.
- And I'll end with my new favorite candy...Hershey's Candy Corn Kisses. yeah, you heard me right. However, they don't taste like candy corn...they taste like buttercream which is even better. I wish I could keep the bag under my nose like a feedbag and smell it all day because it smells like heaven!! I will be stocking up on these because my guess is that they will be gone after Halloween.
Anyway, I'll try to be better about updating!
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
- the beautiful mountains, of course
- the fact that I don't have or need A/C in the summer
- the fall colors
- Christmas tree farms
- Dan'l Boone Inn
- Blowing Rock
- The Best Cellar (where Kent and I got engaged)
- going to the Biltmore Estate
- hiking to waterfalls
- Farmer's Market
- Living half a mile from the Blue Ridge Parkway
- no humidity
- Mast General Store
My fellow intern, Rebekah and I made calendars for all of our co-workers as a going away present. We used all of our favorite pictures around Boone that we have taken this year. I am sharing them as part of my final ode to Boone. It's 13 pics, so bear with me!
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Sunday, July 13, 2008
That about sums up my weekend.
- Packing- I have been packing up my place to move to Florida. I HATE PACKING! My dad is coming up here to help me load the truck on the 31st and we're heading to Pensacola Aug. 1st. I can't believe I've already lived in Boone for a year. I'm VERY excited about moving, but I'm starting to get sad about leaving the mountains...it's so beautiful here.
- Picking- As silly as it sounds, I usually drive to get my mail because my driveway is SO steep. This weekend I decided to walk up to get my mail and noticed tons of blackberries growing around the mailbox. I picked enough blackberries to make a cobbler and there are still lots left to pick.
- Potting- So it's not really potting, but I had to add the "ing" just so it would sound cute. I've been taking a pottery class this summer and it's a lot more difficult than I thought it would be. I just can't seem to master centering the clay on the wheel, so I've decided to stick to hand-building pieces for now. This weekend I went up to the studio to make a bundt pan. I'm excited to see how it comes out!
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
I just had to quickly share my new favorite cereal. I'm a big cereal eater, or even connoisseur if you will. I eat cereal every morning and I usually switch around to different kinds so I don't get bored. Lately I have been eating the Cinnamon Streusel Frosted Mini-Wheats. They're very tasty, but I was starting to need a change in my morning meal. I was at the store yesterday and there it was, sitting on the end of an aisle- Blueberry Muffin Frosted Mini-Wheats. What the perfect combination! Blueberry muffins are one of my favorite breakfast treats, but let's face it...who has time to bake up some muffins in the morning?? Now there's no need to...you can eat your muffins right out of a cereal bowl!
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Saturday, June 28, 2008
On a happier note, here are some pictures from last weekend...the roommate reunion which was MUCH more fun than this weekend!
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Monday, June 23, 2008
- Friday- All 3 of us managed to fall asleep by mid-afternoon. Their excuse was an early morning flight. I had no excuse. We then went out to eat pancakes for supper at the Mountain House Restaurant.
- Saturday- Went in to Blowing Rock to pick up my wedding invitations (woohoo!). We then had a lovely lunch in downtown Boone at Our Daily Bread. This was followed by a trip to Mayberry (Mt. Airy). Alisia is an Andy Griffith Show fan (much like Kent), so this trip fulfilled one of her life dreams. We ended the day with dinner at one of my favorite restaurants of all time, the Dan'l Boone Inn (or DBI as the locals call it).
- Sunday- We spent all day Sunday in Asheville at the Biltmore Estate. I am a 12-month passholder for the Biltmore if that tells you anything about how much I like it there. We took a Behind the Scenes tour which was very neat. As we exited the Biltmore, we stopped at the McDonald's in Biltmore Village. That may not sound like a very glamorous place to eat after strolling through the largest, most extravagant home in America, but this is not your typical McDonald's. The inside is complete with fresh flowers, a fireplace, tapestries on the wall, and a baby grand piano.
- Monday- We started the day with a hike to a waterfall near my place off the Blue Ridge Parkway. We then had some fabulous hamburgers at Sonny's Grill in Blowing Rock. They're now on their way back to Forth Worth...boo! It was a geat weekend!
I will post pictures from the weekend later, but here's a blast from the past for now!