Thursday, July 24, 2008

Check and check

Well, I am able to check off 2 of my goals that I set for my year in Boone. So, the first one is kind of nerdy. I always wanted to have a picture that was the "Photo of the Day" on booneweather.com. The man who runs booneweather, Ray, is somewhat of a local celebrity and everyone in Boone knows about booneweather. Well...after a year of sending in photos, mine was finally chosen and today my photo was the photo of the day!! It's a picture I took of Grandfather Mountain (notice the profile of a bearded old man) while I was at a park in Banner Elk last Friday. Here's the pic:


My second goal was to see a bear. After work I drove to Mountain City, TN to eat at a really great restaurant for a co-worker's retirement dinner. On the way there and on the way back I saw a bear in the very same spot. Why was he in the same spot?? Because the poor thing was dead on the side of the road. But it was a bear nonetheless, so I'm still counting it.

No comments: