Sunday, July 20, 2008

Unveiling of the Pottery!


Friday night I went to the pottery studio to pick up my very first completed pieces. This means I built them out of clay, let them completely dry (which takes a while), fired them once in the kiln, glazed them, and fired them again. Pottery doesn't happen overnight, folks! Think about that the next time you complain about paying $30 for a lovely piece of pottery. Anyway, the blue piece is the ONLY thing I was able to make on the wheel. I don't know how I managed to make it and I have no idea what it is. The white vase I made by hand, which is obvious by the asymmetry. The rest of the weekend I have been packing my butt off. I am now officially stuck eating frozen meals, sandwiches or takeout, as all of my plates, pots, and pans are packed away...ugh!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice job! The one on the right looks perfect from where I sit. If you can skin a deer next, you would be a true mountain woman. :)

Miss you!