Sunday, July 13, 2008

Packing, Picking, and Potting

That about sums up my weekend.



  • Packing- I have been packing up my place to move to Florida. I HATE PACKING! My dad is coming up here to help me load the truck on the 31st and we're heading to Pensacola Aug. 1st. I can't believe I've already lived in Boone for a year. I'm VERY excited about moving, but I'm starting to get sad about leaving the mountains...it's so beautiful here.

  • Picking- As silly as it sounds, I usually drive to get my mail because my driveway is SO steep. This weekend I decided to walk up to get my mail and noticed tons of blackberries growing around the mailbox. I picked enough blackberries to make a cobbler and there are still lots left to pick.

  • Potting- So it's not really potting, but I had to add the "ing" just so it would sound cute. I've been taking a pottery class this summer and it's a lot more difficult than I thought it would be. I just can't seem to master centering the clay on the wheel, so I've decided to stick to hand-building pieces for now. This weekend I went up to the studio to make a bundt pan. I'm excited to see how it comes out!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see this bundt pan! It never occurred to me that you could make one out of clay.

Have fun packing!!! You're moving to the beach!!!