Sunday, May 31, 2009

GOO-WAH-KAH-MOLE

I have always loved cooking, and I remember my mom bought me my first very own cookbook when I was fairly young. I was going through all the recipes, reading out the names and the title of this post is how I pronounced guacamole. My mom corrected me. {I still pronounce it that way in my head when I see it written out}. I didn't know it would end up being one of my favorite things to eat.




Store bought "guacamole dip" doesn't even come close to the goodness of homemade guacamole. This is how I make mine, but this is definitely something where people have their own preferences.

I use:

avocado, tomato, lime juice, salsa, chili powder, and onion salt {you could also put chopped up onion, but I don't like it too oniony} {you could also add cilantro, but I HATE cilantro- I wish I liked it} I don't measure anything- I just add it until it looks right and have Kent taste test along the way.

and voila! goo-wah-kah-mole!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is making me SO hungry! Looks GOOD!!!